- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Human Trafficking
- Immigration and Refugee Law
- International Criminal Law and Procedure
- Police & Law Enforcement
- Prosecution & Prosecutorial Ethics
J.D. 2003, Yale Law School
M.Phil. 2008, University of Cambridge
B.A., magna cum laude, 2000, University of Arizona
- Richard O Kummert Outstanding Contribution Award, Washington Law Review (2016)
- Elected as Fellow of the American Bar Association (2014)
- Two-time recipient, Dean's Medal for excellence in teaching, scholarship and service, (2012), (2014)
- Elected to American Law Institute (2012)
Mary D. Fan, Camera Power: Proof, Policing, Privacy (Cambridge University Press, forthcoming 2017).
Mary Fan, Justice Visualized: Courts and the Body Camera Revolution, 50 U.C. Davis L. Rev. (forthcoming 2016-17).
Ali Rowhani-Rahbar, Mary D. Fan, Joseph A. Simonetti, Vivian H. Lyons, Jin Wang, Douglas Zatzick & Frederick P. Rivara, Violence Perpetration Among Patients Hospitalized for Unintentional and Assault-Related Firearm Injury: A Case-Control and a Cohort Study, 165 Annals Internal Med. 1-8 (2016).