- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Immigration and Refugee Law
- International Criminal Law and Procedure
J.D. 2003, Yale Law School
M.Phil. 2008, University of Cambridge
B.A., magna cum laude, 2000, University of Arizona
- Richard O Kummert Outstanding Contribution Award, Washington Law Review (2016)
- Elected as Fellow of the American Bar Association (2014)
- Two-time recipient, Dean's Medal for excellence in teaching, scholarship and service, (2012), (2014)
- Elected to American Law Institute (2012)
Mary Fan, Justice Visualized: Courts and the Body Camera Revolution, 50 U.C. Davis L. Rev. (forthcoming 2016-17).
Mary Fan, Privacy, Public Disclosure, Police Body Cameras, 68 Ala. L. Rev. (forthcoming 2016).
Mary D. Fan, Private Data, Public Safety: A Bounded Access Model of Disclosure, 94 North Carolina L. Rev. 161-207 (2016).
Mary Fan, Legalization Conflicts and Reliance Defenses, 92 Wash. U. L. Rev. 907-58 [Washington Univ. in St. Louis] (2015).
Mary D. Fan, The Supply-Side Attack on Lethal Injection and the Rise of Execution Secrecy, 95 Boston U. L. Rev. 427-60 (2015).
Mary D. Fan, Disarming the Dangerous: Preventing Extraordinary and Ordinary Violence, 90 Indiana L.J. 151-78 (2015).
A. Rowhani-Rahbar, D. Zatzick, J. Wang, B. Mills, J. Simonetti, M.D. Fan, F.P. Rivara, Firearm-Related Hospitalization and Risk for Subsequent Violent Injury, Death, or Crime Perpetration: A Cohort Study, 162 Annals Internal Med. 492-500 (2015).