- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Human Trafficking
- Immigration and Refugee Law
- International Criminal Law and Procedure
- Police & Law Enforcement
- Prosecution & Prosecutorial Ethics
J.D. 2003, Yale Law School
M.Phil. 2008, University of Cambridge
B.A., magna cum laude, 2000, University of Arizona
- Richard O Kummert Outstanding Contribution Award, Washington Law Review (2016)
- Elected as Fellow of the American Bar Association (2014)
- Two-time recipient, Dean's Medal for excellence in teaching, scholarship and service, (2012), (2014)
- Elected to American Law Institute (2012)
Mary Fan, Justice Visualized: Courts and the Body Camera Revolution, 50 U.C. Davis L. Rev. (forthcoming 2016-17).
Mary Fan, Privacy, Public Disclosure, Police Body Cameras, 68 Ala. L. Rev. (forthcoming 2016).
Mary D. Fan, Private Data, Public Safety: A Bounded Access Model of Disclosure, 94 North Carolina L. Rev. 161-207 (2016).
A Rowhani-Rahbar, MD Fan, JA Simonetti, VH Lyons, J Wang, D Zatzick, FP Rivara, Violence Perpetration among Patients Hospitalized for Unintentional and Assault-Related Firearm Injury: A Case-Control and a Cohort Study, Annals of Internal Med. (forthcoming 2016).