Law School Technology Services
Technical Support for Students
for technical support with:
- Software and services used to fulfill academic responsibilities.
- Issues that affect the stability and security of the UW network and/or other shared campus resources.
Technology Resources for Student Organizations
See Technology Resources for Student Organizations
Technology Info for Visitors
Please review the following before visiting UW Law
Internet access for personally-owned devices is available through the University's wireless network
Before connecting to our wireless network, update your device.
The UW Network Operations Center will revoke the network access of any system that impacts the stability and health of the university network, so secure your system ahead of time.
Law School-Provided Technology Equipment
Law School classroom computers are publicly accessible, shared computers.
To protect your electronic identity and our equipment:
- Log out before leaving
- Do not shut down the computer for any reason.
Podium computers are equiped with:
- internet access
- CD/DVD drive
- USB ports (to upload personal files)
You'll need a valid UW Net ID to log into our computers. Talk to your Law School contact if you don't have a UW Net ID.
All classroom computers are configured with the following software:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
- Presentation/Productivity: Microsoft Office 2010 (includes PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access),Adobe Acrobat Reader, TurningPoint 2008
- Web Browsers & Extensions: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Java, Flash, Silverlight
- Multimedia: Apple iTunes/Quicktime, Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player
- Security: Sophos Anti-Virus, Faronics Deep Freeze
If you need software other than that listed above, contact
at least two weeks prior to your visit.
Please see our multimedia and AV equipment page for more information.
Use of Non-Law School Technology Equipment
Lawhelp will help you set up your laptop to work with the room projection system upon request.
Lawhelp will loan you a laptop upon request (laptop availability is limited, so please request one early)