What Commercial and Consumer Lawyers Do
Commercial and consumer litigation lawyers:
- Help clients in disputes arising from sales of goods, real property and services, or in bankruptcy proceedings
- Represent businesses, governments, or individual consumers
- Navigate complex statutes such as the Uniform Commercial or Bankruptcy Codes and are familiar with customary commercial practices
- Practice in firms of all sizes, in-house for a specific company or organization, or for non-profits or government agencies that protect consumers
If you are interested in being a commercial transactions attorney, see Business Pathway.
Who Might Enjoy This Specialty?
You might enjoy practicing commercial or consumer litigation if you:
- Enjoy strategizing and problem solving
- Negotiate effectively – most civil cases settle
- Handle pressure well and don’t take aggressive argument personally
- Like business issues
- Enjoy helping business owners or consumers