Contact: Elizabeth Coplan
University of Washington School of Law
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Leadership Institute Seeks 2013 Class of Fellows
The University of Washington School of Law (UW Law), the WSBA, the WLI Advisory Board proudly announce that the Institute will soon become a collaborative leadership program between UW Law and the Association and administered by the law school effective the end of September 2012.
Applications for a 2013 WSBA Leadership Institute (WLI) fellowship are now being accepted for incoming 2013 class of Fellows. The WSBA is accepting application materials in their offices no later than September 21, 2012, at 5:00 p.m. to be considered.
The Leadership Institute is an extensive leadership training program born from the recognition that many lawyers, especially those from diverse backgrounds and other underrepresented groups, have not been traditionally recruited for leadership positions or made aware of opportunities for leadership training, skill development, and professional growth.
Approximately twelve attorneys in practice for at least three years and not more than ten years will be carefully selected for the ninth year of the program. The eight professional development seminars run from January to August 2013. Each session is designed to expose participants to the latest trends in professional leadership development. Upon program completion, Fellows will earn a significant number of CLE credits, and the program is provided at no charge to participants.
- Timely submission of all required application materials
- Be an active WSBA member
- Have been admitted to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction for at least three years and not more than ten years. (Eligibility dates based on Date of Bar Admission .)
- Be nominated by your employer, or if self-employed, by a lawyer with at least 10 years of practice or a judge.
- Make a two-year commitment to the program. Following the completion of the first year, Fellows are expected to serve on a WSBA section or committee, or participate in a bar or community-related activity.
- 100% attendance and participation is required of all Fellows at each of the eight sessions.
For more information about the program or the application process, visit the WSBA Leadership Institute here.