MCHB sponsors five in-house competitions each year:
- Peterson Young Putra (2L/3L) Mock Trial
- WSBA Litigation Section 1L Mock Trial
- Judson Falknor Appellate Advocacy Competition
- 1L Appellate Advocacy Competition
Additionally, we provide support for a number of regional/national.
MCHB fully funds competitors in five different regional/national competitions:
- National Criminal Justice Mock Trial Competition
- TYLA Mock Trial Competition
- AAJ Mock Trial Competition
- National Moot Court Competition
- Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition
- Jessup International Law Competition
Members of these teams are selected based on tryouts or performance during the Falknor or 1L Appellate Advocacy Competitions.
MCHB may also help arrange partial funding to students who wish to participate
in regional or national moot court competitions that are not on the sponsorship
list. Every year, MCHB dedicates a limited amount of funds to help independent
or “rogue" teams in offsetting competition costs. Rogue teams are teams that
register, fund, prepare, and compete in competitions with little or no MCHB
assistance. MCHB can offer partial funding of $500 to these teams on a
first-come, first-served basis. All funds for independent competitions have been
distrubited for the 2010-2011 school year. Thank you to all the teams that
applied for funding and to everyone representing UW at competitions this year!
Although not directly affiliated with MCHB, the Vis Arbitration Moot also provides an opportunity for interested students to participate in a mock international arbitration.