- STRENGTHENING JUSTICE IN AFGHANISTAN [working title] (Veronica L. Taylor & Anna B. Bosch, eds., IDLO, forthcoming 2013).
- Alfitri, Expanding a Formal Role for Islamic Law in the Indonesian Legal System: The Case of Mu’amalat in Islamic Law in Practice (Mashood A. Baderin ed.,forthcoming 2013); (originally published in 23 J. L. & Religion, 249 2007)
- Alfitri, Ideologi Welfare State dalam Dasar Negara Indonesia: Analisis Putusan Mahkamah Konstitusi Terkait Sistem Jaminan Sosial Nasional [Welfare State Ideology in the Indonesian Constitution: Is the National Social Security Sistem Act Constitutional?], 9 J. Const., Indon. Const. Ct. (2012)
- Alfitri, Legal Reform Project, Access to Justice, and Gender Equity in Indonesia. 9 INDONESIAN J. INT'L LAW (2012)
- Tao-Chou Chang (張道周), Yuanzhumin Canyu Shenpan--Yuanzhumin Shenpan Zhuti Diwei De Jianli (原住民參與審判--原住民審判主體地位的建立) [Indigenous People's Participation in the Judiciary-The Establishment of Indigenous People's Subjective Position for Judicial Power], 5 Taiwan Yuanzhuminzu Yanjiu Jikan (台灣原住民族研究季刊) [Taiwan J. Indigenous Stud.] 41 (2012)
- Nisa Istiani, Independent regulators in Indonesia: the competition experience, E. ASIA F. Q. January-March 2011, at 27, available at http://www.eastasiaforum.org/quarterly/
- David Merrell & John Schoeberlein, Islam and Politics in Central Asia and the Caucasus, in The Oxford Encyclopedia of Islam and Politics (Emad Shahin ed. ,forthcoming 2013)
- David Merrell, Central Asia, in The Oxford Encyclopedia of Islam and Law (Jonathan Brown ed., forthcoming 2012)
- David Merrell, Islam in Central Asia, in . Seattle Times Newspapers in Education (2012), http://services.nwsource.com/nie/times/index.asp.
- David Merrell, Kyrgyzstan’s Constitution and Islam, in Oxford Islamic Studies Online (John L. Esposito ed., 2012)
- David Merrell, Tajikistan’s Constitution and Islam, in Oxford Islamic Studies Online (John L. Esposito ed., 2012)
- Thanh Tung Ngo, Land governance challenges for Vietnam, E. ASIA F. Q. January-March 2011, at 15, available at http://www.eastasiaforum.org/quarterly/
- Yu Un Oppusunggu, Sudargo Gautama, in Southeast Asia Personalities of Chinese Descent: A Biographical Dictionary (Leo Suryadinata ed., 2012)
- Linda Yanti Sulistiawati, Our Learning Curve is Steep, JAKARTA GLOBE, May 5, 2011, http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/opinion/our-learning-curve-to-survive-is-steep/439188.
- Linda Yanti Sulistiawati, Climate Justice from the Bottom-Up: Case Studies from Indonesia, Three Degrees: A Climate Justice Project at the University of Washington School of Law (2011) http://threedegreeswarmer.org/?s=Sulistiawati.
- Bivitri Susanti et al, Rule of Law for Human Rights in the ASEAN Region: a base-line study: Jakarta, Hum. Rts. Resource Centre for ASEAN (2011)
Research Ethics Presentation
Feb. 19, 2010
(Files ending in ".mp3" are audio files, while ".mp4" are videos. Use left-mouse
click on links to open directly, right-mouse click to download and save
documents and videos)
- David Merrell, Islam and Law in Central Asian: The Case of Kyrgyzstan, paper presented at Тенденции развития исламского права в современном мире [Trends in the Development of Islamic law in the Modern World], Kyrgyz State Academy of Law, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (2012)
- David Merrell, Using State Institutions to Facilitate Minority Systems of Justice, presentation at Central Asian Studies Institute: First Annual Conference, Twenty Years of Central Asian Independence: Shared Past, Separate Paths? American University of Central Asia, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (2011)
- David Merrell, Research on Resolving Inter-Ethnic Conflict in Central Asia, presentation at Interaction Between State and Civil Society to Prevent Inter-Ethnic Conflict in Kyrgyzstan, International University of Central Asia, Tokmok, Kyrgyzstan (2011)
- David Merrell, The need for Empirical Research to Guide Legal Development in Kyrgyzstan, paper presented at Development of Central Asian States: Perspectives and Risks, International University of Central Asia, Kyrgyzstan (2011)
- David Merrell, Honorable Mention, The Third Annual Religious Freedom Student Writing Competition, The Washington, D. C. Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society and the International Center for Law and Religion Studies (2012)
- Bivitri Susanti, Rapporteur for the Baseline Survey on Rule of Law for Human Rights in ASEAN Countries, conducted for Human Rights Resource Center for ASEAN (2010-11).
- Bivitri Susanti, Editor, Indonesian translation, Sebastiaan Pompe, The Indonesian Supreme Court: A Study of Institutional Collapse. Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell University, Southeast Asia Program, 2005. (forthcoming 2011)
Awards and Scholarships
- Alfitri, Academic Publication Award, Directorate of Islamic Higher Education, Ministry of Religious Affairs, Indonesia (2012) for publication: Religious Liberty in Indonesia and the Rights of "Deviant" Sects, 3 Asian J Comp. L, 1932 (2008)
- Alfitri, Fulbright Presidential Scholarship Ph. D. Program 2009-12
- Anna Bosch, Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) 2011
- Nisa Istiani, Fulbright Presidential Scholarship Ph. D. Program 2009-2012
- Bingyan Jiang, Graduate School Fund for Excellence and Innovation (GSFEI) Top Scholar Award Research Assistantship 2011-12
- Jinkyoo Lee, GSFEI Top Scholar Award Research Assistantship 2010-11
- David Merrell, Fulbright-Hays Replacement Grant, Graduate School, University of Washington, Spring/Summer 2012
- David Merrell, Chester A. Fritz Fellowship for International Research/Study, Graduate School, University of Washington, Winter 2012
- David Merrell, David L. Boren Uzbek Language Fellowship, National Security Education Program 2010-11
- David Merrell, Summer FLAS Fellowship, the Ellison Center, Russian, East European and Central Asian Studies, UW Jackson School of international Studies 2011
- Yu Un Oppusunggu, Fulbright Presidential Scholarship Ph. D. Program 2011-14
- Linda Yanti Sulistiawati, Fulbright Presidential Scholarship Ph. D. Program 2010-13