For Immediate Release
University of Washington School of Law
National Law Day Event Focuses on Immigration
The UW School of Law will host a panel discussion on immigration law for National Law Day on May 10 in William H. Gates Hall Room 133 from 5-6:30 PM. Topics of discussion include the Constitutional framework of immigration law, the intersection of immigration law and other legal disciplines, and the impact of immigration law on immigrants and their families.
The event will be moderated by UW School of Law Dean Kellye Y. Testy and features the following panelists:
- Judge Steven Gonzalez, King County Superior Court
- Dorothy Stefan, Chief Counsel for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.) in Seattle
- Ann Benson, Directing Attorney, Washington Defender Association’s Immigration Project
- Lourdes Fuentes, Law Office of Lourdes Fuentes, PLLC
- Miguel Bocanegra, Immigration Law Attorney, MacDonald Hoague & Bayless
The series is presented by the UW School of Law and the King County Superior Court.