At the southern end of the first floor is the school’s largest room, the Magnuson/Jackson Trial Courtroom, providing students and faculty with a realistic setting for legal training.
The Rembe Appellate Courtroom is next door, which has hosted the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on several occasions.
Gates Hall's most impressive room is named after two of the law school's most distinguished alumni. In the U.S. Senate for decades, Warren G. Magnuson was the central force in myriad acts on environmental protection, health care, medical education and research. A champion of social programs and strong national defense, Henry M. Jackson was first elected to the U.S. Senate in 1952, serving 30 years until his death in 1983.
Senators Jackson and Magnuson >