Applying for a Barer Institute Fellowship
The Barer Institute is no longer accepting applications for the 2015-2016 academic year.
For future potential applicants, candidate criteria includes:
- Demonstrated need in the home country for improved legal infrastructure in the focus areas of health, education, and economic development.
- A substantive study proposal (1-2 pages) addressing the demonstrated need.
- A first degree in law or equivalent.
- A commitment to return to the home country.
- Strong English skills. The following minimum score is required, (test scores must be less than two years old):
Evidence of leadership skills.
At least two letters of recommendation from legal professionals in the home country.
Official transcripts and degree statements.
Resume or CV.
Applicants may be required to participate in an interview via telephone or Skype.
- 580 TOEFL
- 237 TOEFLC
- 92 TOEFLiBT
- 7.0 IELTS
- 65 Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
If you have questions regarding the Barer Institute or the application process please contact
Tanya Karwaki at .