Applying for a Barer Institute Fellowship
The Barer Institute is now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year. Candidate criteria includes:
- Demonstrated need in the home country for improved legal infrastructure in the focus areas of health, education, and economic development.
- A substantive study proposal (1-2 pages) addressing the demonstrated need.
- A first degree in law or equivalent.
- A commitment to return to the home country.
- Strong English skills. The following minimum score is required, (test scores must be less than two years old):
Evidence of leadership skills.
At least two letters of recommendation from legal professionals in the home country.
Official transcripts and degree statements.
Resume or CV.
Applicants may be required to participate in an interview via telephone or Skype.
- 580 TOEFL
- 237 TOEFLC
- 92 TOEFLiBT
- 7.0 IELTS
- 65 Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
Application material may be submitted to Tanya Karwaki, Interim Director, at .
Please submit all material by March 1, 2014. If you have questions
regarding the Barer Institute or the application process please contact Tanya