1L Mock Interview Program
Attorneys conduct mock interviews and critique interviewing skills for first year law students.
Admitted Student Outreach
Share your positive UW Law experience, answer any questions they might have and generally reassure our admitted students that UW Law is the place for them. You may specify the number of students you would like to contact.
- General time commitment: 30 min. prep
15 min. outreach per student
- Time of year: Spring (primarily March - April)
- Time of day: Varies
- Contact: Office of Admissions & Financial Aid
- Areas of expertise: Varies
Help Students Plan for Their Careers
Students benefit from working with law professionals as they seek employment. Your advice and suggestions open doors as students navigate the job market. Our Center for Professional and Leadership Development staff are always looking to alumni to help students with their job search and career options. Professionals meet with students for an evening to discuss topics such as government employment, finding a summer externship, navigating the world of private practice, public interest law, working overseas, and networking opportunities. Programs include: 1L Mock Interview Program (January), Pre-On-Campus Interviews (OC I) Mock Interview Program (Summer), OCI Information Sessions (May), "Practical Tips for a Successful Summer (What the Employer Really Wants You to Know)" and Meet the Legal Professionals.
Judge a Competition
UW Law's Moot Court Honor Board, which assists law students in developing their advocacy skills through practice and competition, seeks the expertise of local practitioners in the legal community. MCHB relies on volunteer attorneys to provide judging and feedback for our in-house competitions. In addition to allowing the competitions to function, volunteer judges provide valuable feedback that helps students improve their advocacy skills.
- General time commitment: 3 to 3.5 hours per round
- Time of year: September – May
- Time of day: September – May
- Contact: Judge Coordinators
- Areas of expertise: September – May
Pre-OCI Mock Interview Program
Help prepare our students for job interviews by conducting practice interviews and providing critiques.
Through our Professional Mentor program, the law school pairs students with practicing professionals and judges in the Seattle area. You can offer guidance and encouragement, facilitate networking opportunities, and share your specialized knowledge with 1L students. We will pair you with a student who will benefit from your experience when making academic and professional choices.
- General time commitment: 4 hours for events
3 hours individual student interaction
- Time of year: Year-round; kick-off reception in fall; year-end reception in spring
- Time of day: Semi-annual evening receptions
- Contact: Center for Professional and Leadership Development
- Areas of expertise: Semi-annual evening receptions